[wingide-users] Dark Themes

Stephen Hansen apt.shansen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 18:10:18 MST 2009

As odd as it may sound, about the only thing I don't like about Wing is the
one thing it can't really control ;-) The look.

I'm on a mac, but am not actually looking for a mac-like theme-- instead a
theme with a dark text control. With TextMate, I use its Twilight theme and
find it wonderful. I went to http://art.gnome.org/themes/gtk2 and downloaded
all the dark themes I could find to try them, but sorta can't stand any of
them. They all have serious usability issues from my POV-- the "disabled"
items on the menu bars end up looking blurred and unreadable, for example.

Does anyone have any suggestions for any good dark themes that are around
elsewhere, or have any other suggestions? I don't even really care if
anything but the editor window is dark, actually. I just don't like coding
in black-on-white. It makes my head hurt :)

Thanks in advance.

--Stephen