[wingide-users] Heavy disk usage with a Plone project

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Jan 7 08:58:59 MST 2009

Chris Rossi wrote:
> Hello, I've been using Wing on a couple of other projects but in the
> last couple of days I'm trying it with a Plone project for the first
> time.  The main thing I'm noticing so far is there is a huge amount of
> disk access which really bogs down thte rest of my machine.

There's a limit on the size of the cache which most people don't exceed,
but you may be.  The preference to to set the limit is Max Cache Size on
the Source Analysis page of the Preferences dialog.

You might also try not including all plone files in your project so Wing
only analyzes the files you use rather than all of them.

Cheers,