[wingide-users] Syntax highlighting for sh/bash files

Michael Hipp Michael at Hipp.com
Fri Feb 20 06:58:43 MST 2009

Yes. Thanks. It's attached.

FWIW, I got it from here. It's just a skeleton init script that I will probably
hack on.

   http://homepage.hispeed.ch/py430/python/  (very bottom of page)

Michael

Wingware Support wrote:
> Michael Hipp wrote:
>> I did File Properties -> File Attributes -> File Type: Bash
>>
>> And this is what I got. It's green like that all the way down.
>>
>> Does it get better somehow?
>
> Is this a file you can send me?  I'd like to try it here.  The few bash
> scripts I have look decent,
> but it certainly looks like something is going wrong w/ this one.
-------------- next part --------------
#! /bin/sh
# example python daemon starter script
# based on skeleton from Debian GNU/Linux
# cliechti at gmx.net
# place the daemon scripts in a folder accessible by root. /usr/local/sbin is a good idea

PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
DAEMON=/usr/local/sbin/daemon.py
NAME=pydaemon
DESC="Example daemon"

test -f $DAEMON || exit 0

set -e

case "$1" in
  start)
    echo -n "Starting $DESC: "
    start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --pidfile /var/run/$NAME.pid \
      --exec $DAEMON
    echo "$NAME."
    ;;
  stop)
    echo -n "Stopping $DESC: "
    start-stop-daemon --stop --quiet --pidfile /var/run/$NAME.pid
    # \	--exec $DAEMON
    echo "$NAME."
    ;;
  #reload)
    #
    #	If the daemon can reload its config files on the fly
    #	for example by sending it SIGHUP, do it here.
    #
    #	If the daemon responds to changes in its config file
    #	directly anyway, make this a do-nothing entry.
    #
    # echo "Reloading $DESC configuration files."
    # start-stop-daemon --stop --signal 1 --quiet --pidfile \
    #	/var/run/$NAME.pid --exec $DAEMON
  #;;
  restart|force-reload)
    #
    #	If the "reload" option is implemented, move the "force-reload"
    #	option to the "reload" entry above. If not, "force-reload" is
    #	just the same as "restart".
    #
    echo -n "Restarting $DESC: "
    start-stop-daemon --stop --quiet --pidfile \
      /var/run/$NAME.pid
      # --exec $DAEMON
    sleep 1
    start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --pidfile \
      /var/run/$NAME.pid --exec $DAEMON
    echo "$NAME."
    ;;
  *)
    N=/etc/init.d/$NAME
    # echo "Usage: $N {start|stop|restart|reload|force-reload}" >&2
    echo "Usage: $N {start|stop|restart|force-reload}" >&2
    exit 1
    ;;
esac

exit 0