[wingide-users] Cannot execute: waiting for shell to restart.

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Sun Feb 15 14:46:14 MST 2009

Skyblues wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion but I turned off User Account Control as soon as I
> installed Vista 64 so that's not the problem. I spent quite a few hours
> today trying different things (i.e., turning off firewall, anti-virus, etc.)
> but nothing worked. I can't figure this one out.
Does Step Into work in the debugger (this should arrive at the first line)?

If not, can you set the Debugger / Advanced / Debug Internals Log File,
then
do Step Into, and send me the resulting file?

If that does work, I can send more info on debugging problems w/ the shell.
It's based on the debugger internally so should fail for the same reasons,
but is a bit tricker to diagnose.

Submitting a Bug Report from Wing's Help menu with the error log included
may also help.