[wingide-users] Suggestions to prevent Indentation Errors

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Sat Feb 14 09:13:21 MST 2009

Darren Anthony wrote:
> I am a beginner Python user, using Wing IDE 101.
>
> Can anyone offer some fail-safe tips to prevent errors.  Should I turn
> off auto-indent?
> Should I use spaces, instead of tabs.
>
> I seem to spend a lot of time fixing indentation errors and there is
> probably an easier way.  Not so much in beginning my code but after I
> make changes.

Hi,

Can you be more specific what sorts of errors you see?  In general I'd
recommend using
spaces for indents as this is less error prone overall.  However, any
indent style should
work fine w/ Wing's auto-indent and other indent related features.  If
Wing is doing
something wrong please send details to support at wingware.com w/ examples.

Wing Pro has a tool for converting indentation.  If you want to convert,
you could download
that and use a trial license to get your existing files changed over.