[wingide-users] Cannot execute: waiting for shell to restart.

Skyblues jeffbonarwagner at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 12 17:16:05 MST 2009

Greetings,

I am demoing the WingIDE Pro version. I bring up WingIDE and see the
following in the interactive "Python Shell" area.

"Cannot execute: waiting for shell to restart."

I execute the "restart shell" option and I get the following error:

"The debug process never connected back to Wing IDE:  Aborting debug session
See Trouble-shooting Failure to Debug in the users manual."

I have Enthough Python 2.5 and ActiveState Python 2.6 installed in
"D:\Development\Python25" and "D:\Development\Python26" respectively. I have
manually pointed to the Python executable for both Python versions in the
Project Properties.

I am running WingIDE 3.1.1-1 on Vista x64.

Any suggestions? I really like the looks of WingIDE but just can't seem to
get it to run a simple program because, apparently, it can't find the Python
executable.

Best regards,
Jim