[wingide-users] Syntax highlighting in Pyrex / Cython

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Feb 12 09:42:37 MST 2009

Wes McKinney wrote:
> Anyone know how to get syntax highlighting in Pyrex / Cython?
> Associating the pyx files with Python causes Wing to report tons of
> syntax errors (plus it does not understand cdef, cpdef, and the C
> keywords). In general to be able to define a custom wordfile would be
> coo, (maybe this is already possibe.

It's not currently possible to define a word file and there isn't
a great alternative for pyx files other than using "plain text"
as the file type for them.  I think they default to Python, which
isn't a good choice.

I have implemented a Cython lexer for syntax highlighting and fixed
issues w/ showing syntax errors for Wing 3.2, but I'm still not sure
when we'll manage to get out a beta release of that.