[wingide-users] Mac user brain lapse.

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Thu Dec 24 08:58:33 MST 2009

On 12/24/09 10:48 AM, Luc Bourhis wrote:
>> I'm not sure that the 32-bit ness is specifically the issue. The WX Demo app runs with no problem as a double-click app...
>
> As far as I can tell the "wxPython Demo.app" contains a Python executable which is 32-bit only, and which then runs the Python script which implements the demos. It would therefore seems to me that this does not disprove my hypothesis…

I'm a bit confused about what works and what doesn't.  I think you've
said that wx doesn't work with 64 bit python, at least within Wing, but
that the demo app w/ its 32 bit python executable works.

Have you tried running something using wx from the command line?  I ask
to try to determine if the issue is Wing or not.  We'll try to help you
if we can either way, but the first step is to determine what the issue is.