[wingide-users] Mac user brain lapse.

Luc Bourhis luc_j_bourhis at mac.com
Tue Dec 22 02:03:25 MST 2009

Hi,

> [...] Snow Leopard, I find that I can't get wxpython working with WingIDE.

Would you happen to use a 64-bit machine? Indeed, on such a computer, Snow Leopard system Python would launch as a 64-bit process, whereas the wxPython modules are 32-bit only due to some limitations in the underlying wxWidget libraries. I suggest you try from Terminal: you should get the same error as in Wing IDE, which is therefore not the culprit here.

As for a fix, you may try to launch Python in 32 bit mode instead: in the Terminal,

arch -i386 python .......

You should be able to set up that command as the Python to run in Wing IDE as well.

Hope this helps,

Luc Bourhis