[wingide-users] Are there any hardcore vim/emacs user who have converted to wing?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Dec 17 08:25:30 MST 2009

ryan heniser wrote:
> I'm a hardcore vim user. It's taken me years to memorize the keystrokes and get my vim just right. But, auto complete in vim on python code is not the best and the svn & cvs integration requires yet another dozen key strokes to memorize.
>
> I'm about to give wing ide a test drive. I'd love to hear from any other x hardcore vim/emacs users who have made the switch.

Hi,

Both John and I were hardcore emacs users before writing Wing so emacs mode
was an early feature. VI mode was added more recently (about three years ago)
and what it contains is based more on user feedback than my own vi experience
(which is minimal).

Keyboard personality can be set from the Edit menu.  If you try the vi mode,
please do send bug and missing feature reports to support at wingware.com.