[wingide-users] Python Shell interpreter not found

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Dec 16 13:31:09 MST 2009

Max Slimmer wrote:
> for some reason I cant figure out when I try to restart python shell it
> reports :
> Could not start debug process::Could not launch debugger for "C:\Program
> Files\Wing IDE 3.2\src\debug\tserver\_sandbox.py".  The python
> interpreter "/usr/bin/python" may not exist.
> I am running on windows xp with wing pro. and there is no /usr/bin
> directory.  I found a file in
> C:\Documents and Settings\mslimmer\Application Data\Wing IDE
> 3\last-python that contains the correct path "c:/python26..."
> where do I go to fix this

This is probably being set by the Python Executable in Project Properties,
in the Project menu.  This may occur if you use a project from Linux or
OS X on Windows.  If you've got your project checked into revision control,
set Project Type to Shared under the Options tab in Project Properties.

If that doesn't explain it, please let me know.