[wingide-users] RE: inserting comments on a line

Warren, Russell russell.warren at newport.com
Mon Dec 14 12:30:43 MST 2009

Mitchell L Model wrote:
> I am returning to serious Wing use after several years of only
> occasional light use. I think I am missing something regarding
> comments: what's the easiest way to insert a comment on the current
> Python line? More specifically, I would like comments to all start at
> a designated column as they do in Emacs. The only thing I seem to be
> able to do now is hold the spacebar down until the cursor gets near
> the column I want, type a # and a space, then my comment. There must
> be something better (?).

A few years back someone already made an extension that did exactly
this.  It was a great script.  I've recently been lamenting its loss
after a few pc replacements where I foolishly didn't keep my wing
scripts for one of them.

You should be able to search the old wing mailing list entries to find
it, but I haven't had much luck.  It was quite a while ago.

Russ