[wingide-users] Weird auto-complete issues with wxPython

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Dec 14 09:39:50 MST 2009

Mike Driscoll wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been noticing that Wing IDE Pro 3.2.2-1 (rev 21060) has been
> having weird autocomplete issues with wxPython. Sometimes when I type
> "wx." the autocomplete shows weird stuff that are not in the wxPython
> namespace at all. If I backspace back over the period and type the
> period again, Wing usually starts working again. Sometimes I need to
> re-type the import statement though.
>
> This happens in both old wxPython programs and in completely new ones.
> I thought it might be because this PC is kind of old, but I tried it
> on my fast laptop too and it exhibits the same problem. I'm using
> Python 2.5 and wxPython 2.8.10.1 (unicode). Thanks!

Next time it happens, please send in a bug report from Wing's Help menu
and include the error log with it.
That may show us what is happening.

Also, note that there's now a difference between completion in the
editor depending on whether the debugger
is active and able to introspect.  If it is, the completions have little
cog wheel icons next to them.  It's useful
to know which is failing since it's entirely different code that builds
the list in each case.