[wingide-users] inserting comments on a line

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Dec 14 09:30:39 MST 2009

Mitchell L Model wrote:
> I am returning to serious Wing use after several years of only
> occasional light use. I think I am missing something regarding
> comments: what's the easiest way to insert a comment on the current
> Python line? More specifically, I would like comments to all start at
> a designated column as they do in Emacs. The only thing I seem to be
> able to do now is hold the spacebar down until the cursor gets near
> the column I want, type a # and a space, then my comment. There must
> be something better (?).

I'm hoping to add a way to do this more easily with the tab key but for
now I think the
best option is Ctrl-T, which inserts a tab character, or perhaps
defining a script that does
what you want (w/ Wing's scripting API; see scripts/editor_extensions.py
in your Wing
install for some examples to base on).