[wingide-users] Weird auto-complete issues with wxPython

Mike Driscoll mike at pythonlibrary.org
Sun Dec 13 13:59:04 MST 2009

Hi,

I've been noticing that Wing IDE Pro 3.2.2-1 (rev 21060) has been having
weird autocomplete issues with wxPython. Sometimes when I type "wx." the
autocomplete shows weird stuff that are not in the wxPython namespace at
all. If I backspace back over the period and type the period again, Wing
usually starts working again. Sometimes I need to re-type the import
statement though.

This happens in both old wxPython programs and in completely new ones. I
thought it might be because this PC is kind of old, but I tried it on my
fast laptop too and it exhibits the same problem. I'm using Python 2.5 and
wxPython 2.8.10.1 (unicode). Thanks!