[wingide-users] Wingware Locking Files

Mike Driscoll mdriscoll at co.marshall.ia.us
Thu Dec 3 13:03:41 MST 2009

Hi,

I have an odd issue where I am trying to use GUI2Exe to create a binary
from some of my code. GUI2Exe is a nice wrapper for py2exe. Anyway, I
have Wing open to the project that I am executing GUI2Exe against and if
I have edited the primary file that I am making the binary from, Wing
will lock the file and GUI2Exe cannot access it. As long as I don't edit
it, Wing doesn't lock it. This is intermittent, but annoying. Wing will
also lock up the entire build folder so I cannot delete it before
recompiling the binary. The solution is to close Wing.

I'm on Windows XP, Python 2.5 with Wing IDE Pro 3.2.2-1 (rev 21060) and
GUI2Exe 0.5.0 / py2exe 0.6.8.

Thanks,

Mike