[wingide-users] Command line for opening with a new project

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Wed Dec 2 07:41:25 MST 2009

Wingware Support wrote:
> Michael Foord wrote:
>> I use the command line to launch a second instance of Wing. By
>> default the second instance loads the same project as the first one
>> and shows me the "project locked".
>>
>> I only open a second instance in order to use a *different* project,
>> so this behaviour is annoying. I'd like to tell Wing to open the
>> second instance with the default project or a new project, but on the
>> command line usage page I don't *see* a way of doing that (probably
>> me being dumb).
>>
>>    http://wingware.com/doc/install/command-line-usage
>>
>> I could create an empty project and always open that, but I'd rather
>> not if there is an easy way round it.
>
> Is there a reason you can't specify the project on the command line?  If
> that is done, then it'll open with that project.

I want a *new* project (or just the default one). I don't want to have
to specify which project when I open wing as the paths are often tedious
to type and it is usually the second entry in the "Recent Projects" list.

> Also, there is a pref to disable opening more recent project so Wing
> always starts with the default project.  This is the Files / Projects /
> Auto-reopen Last Project pref.  That may be the easiest way to go and
> then use the recent list in the Project menu or click on the project
> name in the Project view to switch to the desired project.

I don't want to globally disable this. It is often the behavior I want,
just not when opening a second instance.

Michael

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/blog