[wingide-users] Problem with Macros

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Apr 30 08:52:31 MDT 2009

Toni Ruža wrote:
> I found that recorded macros don't work as they should if they contain
> cutting and pasting.
>
> For a simple example, lets say we have a bit of text like this:
>
> 11 222
> 333 4
> 5 66
>
> and we want to reverse the order of the numbers on each line. The
> natural thing for me to do would be to cut the left number and paste
> it on the right. So I would position the cursor on the beginning of
> the first line, start to record a macro and type:
>
> ctrl+shift+right, ctrl+x, end, space, ctrl+v, backspace, home, down
>
> Then stop recording the macro (note that in wing ctrl+shift+right
> selects to the beginning of the next word including the space).
>
> Now, I just execute the macro two times and I have my numbers
> reversed. Only that it doesn't work for some reason.

It seems to work for me w/ Wing 3.1.8.  Could you specify what version
of Wing you are using, on what OS, with what keyboard personality, and
what file type this is in (Python, plain text, ...)?

Also worth checking if you've got a custom key binding in preferences
for any of the above key strokes, tho this seems unlikely and in most
cases shouldn't matter.