[wingide-users] Re: Project specific Python Executable default search

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Wed Apr 29 08:47:17 MDT 2009

Wingware Support wrote:
> Vania Smrkovski wrote:
>> In re-reading Michael's email, I realize that I CAN'T set my
>> project's python executable to the IronPython b/c it will not connect
>> to the debugger or the other tools in WING.  (You guys planning on
>> changing this?)
>
> Yes, but it's an almost complete rewrite of the debugger, so it's not
> likely to happen soon.  I've heard rumors that settrace() may be added
> to IronPython soon.  That would help but it'll still be a lot of work.

It would still be really useful to be able to set the Python executable
to IronPython and still have a working Python shell inside Wing - even
if it was a CPython one.

As a second step having an IronPython shell but no debugger would still
be an awesome feature.

I realise that it is to do with your architecture, but it feels like a
terrible misfeature that setting the executable to IronPython disables
the shell. :-)

Michael

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/