[wingide-users] Re: Project specific Python Executable default search

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Apr 29 07:36:58 MDT 2009

Vania Smrkovski wrote:
> In re-reading Michael's email, I realize that I CAN'T set my project's
> python executable to the IronPython b/c it will not connect to the
> debugger or the other tools in WING.  (You guys planning on changing this?)

Yes, but it's an almost complete rewrite of the debugger, so it's not
likely to happen soon.  I've heard rumors that settrace() may be added
to IronPython soon.  That would help but it'll still be a lot of work.

> But I still thought you'd want to know about it looking for WING Project
> files instead of .exe files.

I think it's defaulting to the most recent file type selection.  I agree this
should be set to *.exe file type.  Thanks for pointing that out.