[wingide-users] Re: Cannot execute: waiting for shell to restart.

Doug Hawkins illusion65 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 22:10:50 MDT 2009

I saw this thread from Feb 09 (it appeared to be restricted to Vista
x64), but did not find a resolution.  I've had no problems until I
upgraded from Ubuntu 8.10 to 9.04 (32-bit) over the weekend.  Of course,
that means lots of new packages and a new Linux kernel, but one specific
difference: the system "default" is Python 2.6 (although Python 2.5 is
still installed).  I've tried forcing the Project to use 2.5, but no
difference.  Starting either Python from an external shell is fine.

I tried Stephan's suggestion of enabling the Debug logging (and the
Extremely Verbose option) and "Step into..." a program, but it did not
create a log file.

The error message I get is: "Failed to start the debug the program:
Could not listen on TCP/IP host 127.0.0.1, port 0."

I suspect that it has something to do with the "port 0", but my
Debugger/"External/Remote" lists the server port as 50005.  Is this port
configure elsewhere?

Any ideas?  Everything was fine before the Ubuntu upgrade.  I've tried
the WingIDE 3.2 Beta version, too; same problem.

Doug