[wingide-users] Using Wing IDE with IronPython - autocomplete for .NET objects (PI file generator)

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Wed Apr 29 02:23:39 MDT 2009

Sorry for top-posting, sent from a mobile device.

The issue for me is that I want to discover these sub-namespaces
through introspection instead of having to know them all up front.

What I'm doing is maintaining a queue of namespaces to generate pi
files for - and adding new namespaces to the queue. This means I have
to flow the top-level module name through the functions. This is a
structural change (and there are others to account for the many .NET
types that this script wasn't designed to handle). The upshot is that
I think my 'version' will need to be maintained separately.

New update coming today or tomorrow.

One issue is that if I generate multiple pi files for nested
namespaces (System, System.Drawing, System.Web etc) Wing doesn't give
me Drawing and Web as members of System in autocomplete (particularly
missed for imports).

Michael

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com