[wingide-users] Using Wing IDE with IronPython - autocomplete for .NET objects (PI file generator)

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Apr 28 09:37:58 MDT 2009

Michael Foord wrote:
> I've created a modified version of the 'generate_pi.py' which generates
> the interface files for .NET libraries. It is attached.

Looks good.  What we do for generating .pi files for CPython standard
builtin modules is use another script that imports generate_pi and calls
  generate_pi.ProcessModule.  This may be a good way to factor out the
.net specific bits.

> It isn't yet able to do anything with the information about return types
> - which would allow Wing to know the type of objects returned by
> methods. This may be easy to add?

This is done by generating a return statement in the def body, e.g. from
__builtin__.pi

def open(name, mode = 'r', buffering = 1): # -> file object

   return file(name, mode, buffering)

Thanks for looking at this.