[wingide-users] Autocomplete nits

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Apr 16 16:13:35 MDT 2009

Michael Foord wrote:
> __name__ is not offered to me as an autocomplete option in the global
> scope of a module.

We'll add this.

> Even on objects of unknown types __class__ (and correspondingly __name__
> on the __class__ attribute ideally) should be offered.

Maybe.  There's a tension here between displaying the attributes that
are often used / are interesting so to help the developer see what the
useful choices are and displaying everything.  It depends on the code
being written, of course, but I don't think that __class__ is used often
and displaying it for every unknown variable would probably be
distracting.  That said, I could see adding it in a more aggressive
autocomplete mode.

Cheers,