[wingide-users] Auto-completion on "likely type"s.

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Apr 14 21:04:20 MDT 2009

Tim Kersten wrote:
> WingIDE guesses types by statically analyzing the source. I've upgraded
> to Wing IDE Professional 3.2.0-b1 and although I'm not certain I thought
> I used to be able to auto-complete likely types in versions before that.
> i.e.
>
> name = "John Doe"
> name.[auto-completion suggestions appear here??]
>
> The above does not work, but it does correctly say that it's likely type
> is string. If this used to work, it might be a regression. If not, would
> it be possible to see auto-completion since WingIDE already guessed it's
> type? Or might there be an option to enable it? I had a look under the
> auto-completion options but did not find anything.

This case should certainly work both in the editor and in the shells.
Check the Editor / Auto-completion preferences and also if this is
in a shell be sure that the Source Analysis / Introspect in Shells
preference is on.

If problems persist, please submit a bug report from Wing's Help
menu and include the error log w/ a description of where you are
working (shell, debug probe, editor).