[wingide-users] Can't attach debugger to remote process

Daniel Tavares daniel.tavares at slipg8.com
Tue Apr 7 17:50:12 MDT 2009

Yes, I can connect to port 50016. I've checked the firewall and it's not
blocking anything.

I tried starting the debugger by importing wingdbstub, then calling
wingdbstub.debugger.StartDebug(), but the import fails. I get an error
saying 'module' object has no attribute 'kEvalError'.

I'm running a BigWorld server, which has python embedded on it. I have
different processes running on the server that I'd like to be able to
attach the debugger and trace through the code without having to restart
the whole thing.

I also plan on setting up the server so it connects to the client's
debugger once an exception is raised, which hopefully will help us debug
the server.

Thanks,

Daniel Tavares
Programmer | Slipgate Ironworks