[wingide-users] Can't attach debugger to remote process

Daniel Tavares daniel.tavares at slipg8.com
Tue Apr 7 17:50:12 MDT 2009

Yes, I can connect to port 50016. I've checked the firewall and it's not
blocking anything.

I tried starting the debugger by importing wingdbstub, then calling
wingdbstub.debugger.StartDebug(), but the import fails. I get an error
saying 'module' object has no attribute 'kEvalError'.

I'm running a BigWorld server, which has python embedded on it. I have
different processes running on the server that I'd like to be able to
attach the debugger and trace through the code without having to restart
the whole thing.

I also plan on setting up the server so it connects to the client's
debugger once an exception is raised, which hopefully will help us debug
the server.

Daniel Tavares
Programmer | Slipgate Ironworks