[wingide-users] Can't attach debugger to remote process

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Apr 7 08:18:50 MDT 2009

Daniel Tavares wrote:
> I’m trying to attach WingIDE from Windows to a server running embedded
> scripts in Linux, but I’m having problems reattaching the debugger,
> after manually detaching it.
>
> I’ve tested the same steps locally on my machine and that works fine.
> What am I doing wrong?

Can you connect at all from the Windows machine to the Linux machine
on TCP/IP port 50016?  The Linux machine may have a firewall that
needs to be configured to allow that.

Also, take a look at the mod_wsgi how-to for some info on using the
API:

http://wingware.com/doc/howtos/mod_wsgi

I'm not sure why you're detaching/reattaching but perhaps you can solve
what you're trying to do w/ StopDebug / StartDebug calls?