[wingide-users] Relative paths in custom PYTHONPATH don't work with nose tests

Torsten Marek shlomme at gmx.net
Sat Sep 20 13:41:15 MDT 2008

Hi,

when setting relative paths in the project PYTHONPATH, my nose tests do
not find the project packages any more.

My project layout is as follows:

project/
  PKG/ # the main package
     util/ # sub-packages
        stuff.py
  tests/
     util/ # tests for classes in PKG.util
        test_stuff.py

When I try to run test_stuff.py, I get ImportErrors trying to import
PKG.util.stuff.

The relative paths work for the main debug file.

I know that I can use absolute paths in the PYTHONPATH setting (which
works), but I don't like that, simply because I cannot freely move
around the project. This is especially problematic because I use
Mercurial and would like to branch my repository much more often than I
currently do.

best,

Torsten

--