[wingide-users] application 'document-open' signal unreliable for handling a file being opened

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Sep 18 13:20:21 MDT 2008

Brec Carson wrote:
> The application signal 'document-open' only seems to be called for the
> files that are opened by default when Wing starts up.  All files opened
> by hand don't seem to trip the signal.

This one also works for me, so perhaps the args are also wrong on the
handler?  One way to check this is to change the handler to something
like:

def myhandler(*args):
   print args

In any case, document-open should take one arg, and the CAPIDocument
object is passed to it.

Please let me know if this doesn't help.  Note I'm assuming you're
using Wing 3.1.4, which I think made some fixes to signals on the
scripting API.