[wingide-users] wingide zope debugging support in buildout setup

johannes raggam raggam-nl at adm.at
Mon Sep 8 14:57:18 MDT 2008

hello,

in a buildout setup i initially failed with installing zope2/plone
support in wingIDE but finally got it up and running.
to share my experience, here is what i have done:

say, ~/buildout is my buildout root directory

1) ~/buildout/parts/instance/etc/zope.conf
here are only INSTANCEHOME and CLIENTHOME variables defined.
i also defined:
%define ZOPE_HOME ~/buildout/parts/zope2
%define ZOPE ~/buildout/parts/zope2
%define INSTANCE_HOME ~/buildout/parts/instance
%define SOFTWARE_HOME ~/buildout/parts/zope2/lib/python

i don't know if all these vars are needed, but the
project/properties/extensions dialog swallowed it AFTER RESTARTING
WINGIDE.

2) wingide installed the WingDBG product into
~/buildout/parts/instance/Products but this directory was not otherwise
used by my buildout setup. so i decided not to add a aditional
"products" variable into zope.conf but to move WingDBG into the
~/buildout/products directory

the rest is described in http://www.wingware.com/doc/howtos/zope

hope that helps someone who could need it :)

cheers, johannes raggam