[wingide-users] unbuffered input in WingIDE

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri Sep 5 14:34:01 MDT 2008

Lawson English wrote:
> I'm trying to implement a simple getch() for testing purposes. I notice
> that at least on a Mac, raw_input() and other equivalent stuff doesn't
> quite work right when the script is executed from the IDE. E.G.
>
> print '?'
> k = raw_input()
> print k
>

> accepts keyboard input in the open text file, not the console window, so
> raw_input never gets a keypress. Anyway of changing this?

If you're debugging this, input is via the Debug I/O tool.  It may
not gain focus automatically -- is that what you mean or is it completely
failing?

I tried this in debugging, executing it in OS Commands, and doing Evaluate File
in Python Shell and all of them worked for me on OS X 10.4 w/ Python 2.5.
I may be misunderstanding your report, however.