[wingide-users] Access to current project directory?

Tom Stambaugh tms at zeetix.com
Tue Sep 2 08:06:20 MDT 2008

I organize my files for a given project around its project directory. I'd
therefore like to be able to add it to sys.path, something like this:

>>> theCurrentProjectDirectory = somethingorother.getProjectDirectory()
>>> sys.path.insert(0, theCurrentProjectDirectory)

When I'm running under a web server, I do something similar with
DOCUMENT_ROOT, but in this case I'm not running under a web server.

Is there a way from within the IDE to determine the current project
directory under IDE control? I'm thinking of some sort of option in the
"Python Path" section of the "Environment" tab of the project properties
dialog -- something like "Use Project Directory" (in addition to "Use
default" and "Custom").

Thanks,
Tom S.