[wingide-users] Name completion on .NET and COM objects

Wikström Sven sven.wikstrom at scania.com
Mon Oct 13 01:08:46 MDT 2008

Hi.

Thanks for the response.

I understand that it cannot work in the main editor window.
But it does not work in the interactive shell nor the probe either, for me at least.

Behaviour in Wings interactive shell:

Where "XXXXXX" is just a completion list of low-level COM stuff. I do not get name completion for the actual Excel COM object's attributes as with Pythonwin.

Do I need a special setup?

We would love to use Wing as it seems to be THE Python editor. We deal with COM and .NET quite a lot so this is the last question mark.

Thanks again!

/Sven