[wingide-users] file(snippet) gets chomped

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri Oct 10 09:39:33 MDT 2008

DICAD - Rex Turnbull wrote:
> For w while now I have noticed that when I type 'file' and then the
> opening '(' the file part dissapears. There are two file-related texts
> in the autocompleter file(snippet) and file(symbol). How do I get rid of
> the snippet (which seems to be the culprit) or change that so I don't
> lose my input?

Do you get the file template inserted into the file?  I'm assuming that
you have left paren selected as a completion character in the
auto-complete preferences which causes the completer to complete the
selected item when ( is entered.  Possible ways to avoid this are not to
use ( as a completion character or not to include templates by
unchecking the "include templates in completer" preference.