[wingide-users] installation on ubuntu

Kathleen Krause-Thompson kktaus at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 19:18:08 MDT 2008

Thanks, all. I have a 32-bit laptop. It's true that I had not run apt-get
install python-dev, or apt-get install python for the latest version of
Python, so I did that and I got these errors (Wing still does not run, but
there is some improvement, because
/usr/local/bin/wingide-3.1.4-1-i386-linux/y/bin/PyCore/python does run
now.):

dpkg: error processing python-setuptools (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of python-paste:
 python-paste depends on python-setuptools (>= 0.6b3-1); however:
  Package python-setuptools is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing python-paste (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of python-pastedeploy:
 python-pastedeploy depends on python-setuptools (>= 0.6b3-1); however:
  Package python-setuptools is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing python-pastedeploy (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of python-pastescript:
 python-pastescript depends on python-paste (>= 1.6-1); however:
  Package python-paste is not configured yet.
 python-pastescript depends on python-pastedeploy (>= 1.3.1-2); however:
  Package python-pastedeploy is not configured yet.
 python-pastescript depends on python-setuptools (>= 0.6b3-1); however:
  Package python-setuptools is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing python-pastescript (--configure):
 python-setuptools
 python-paste
 python-pastedeploy
 python-pastescript

Could a lack of configuration be part of the problem? Seems like these four
packages were not fully installed.

Here is what I get when I try to run wing3.1:
/usr/local/bin/wingide-3.1.4-1-i386-linux/y$ sh wing3.1
exec: 192: /usr/local/bin/wingide-3.1.4-1-i386-linux/y/bin/PyCore/python:
not found