[wingide-users] Blender - Code completion?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Oct 2 15:36:42 MDT 2008

LucTirnua wrote:
> How can I get the proper code completion in WingIDE for the blender python
> api?

I'm not sure how blender works but when I downloaded the binary it had no
Python api files but they are in the source distribution.  You probably
need to get the sources and add the directory with the api files to
your Python Path in Wing's Project Properties.

Absent sources, you could get completion by setting a breakpoint and
running to it and working in the Debug Probe.  But you won't get completion
in the editor, where it is based on static analysis of code rather than
introspection of live runtime state.

Hope that helps,