[wingide-users] The convert indentation

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Nov 24 11:28:11 MST 2008

Hi,

If it's a tab-indented file that suddenly shows the file with tab size
of 8, it's due to adding indentation that includes also spaces (perhaps
by pasting it in).  Wing does that because that is how the Python
interpreter is going to "see" the file.

In Wing Pro, you can use the Indentation tool to see what sort of mix
of tab, tab+space, and space only indents you have.

On a related note:  If you get indentation warning dialogs that you
don't want, you can disable that with the Editor / Indentation / Show
Python Indent Warning Dialog preference.

Hope that helps.  If it's changing to tab size 8 without mixed indents
in the file or this isn't a tab-only indented file, please send details
to us at support at wingware.com.