[wingide-users] Arrow key indent issue

Mike Driscoll mdriscoll at co.marshall.ia.us
Fri Nov 21 13:59:38 MST 2008

Hi,

I like using Wing's default formatted function and class definitions as
I think they make the code look more professional. However, when I go to
use my arrow keys to move my cursor into my parameter list, the function
or class will start indenting or dedenting. The same thing happens when
I try to use my arrow keys to get to the middle of the docstring that is
automatically created. I found I could hold CTRL+arrow key to stop the
indenting stuff on the definition line, but it doesn't work for the
docstring. Instead I either jump to the beginning or end.

I use my keyboard as much as possible, so grabbing the mouse and
positioning is slightly annoying, especially if my cursor is on my
secondary monitor. Not a big deal, but I was wondering if there is a way
to turn off this feature? I am using Wing Pro 3.1.5-1, Python 2.5.2.

Thanks,

Mike