[wingide-users] The convert indentation

johnf jfabiani at yolo.com
Thu Nov 20 10:15:11 MST 2008

On Thursday 20 November 2008 08:55:56 am John Ehresman wrote:
> johnf wrote:
> > This is driving me crazy!  I paste and the entire file is converted to
> > some other indentation other than what I want which is  4 spaces. When I
> > fix the paste it returns to the correct spacing.   And when I save files
> > that I have been editing for weeks and re-open the program ask if I want
> > to convert. Let's assume that something is triggering the convert.  Could
> > it at least tell where the issue is in the text?  I'm going nuts!
>
> Are your indents tab characters that appear as four spaces?  I ask
> because Wing will display tabs as eight spaces if there are any line
> indented with spaces.  My recommendation is to use space indents if you
> want four space indents.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

My current settings are:
status = Spaces Only
counts = 28 (0t/28s/0t+s)
Tab size = 4
indent size = 4

I gather that I have no 'tabs' so why is it that when I close file, exit wing,
open wing, open the file I get the error about the convert???

Maybe I am missing something?  Maybe I don't understand what you are asking me
to do?  But I do know I really really dislike what it is doing.

--
John Fabiani