[wingide-users] The convert indentation

Joshua J. Kugler joshua at eeinternet.com
Thu Nov 20 01:39:15 MST 2008

On Wednesday 19 November 2008, johnf said something like:
> This is driving me crazy!  I paste and the entire file is converted
> to some other indentation other than what I want which is  4 spaces.
> When I fix the paste it returns to the correct spacing.   And when I
> save files that I have been editing for weeks and re-open the program
> ask if I want to convert. Let's assume that something is triggering
> the convert.  Could it at least tell where the issue is in the text?
> I'm going nuts!

There is an option in the configuration:

Edit -> Preferences -> Editor

Check "Show Whitespace."  That will show spaces and tabs on lines.  I
keep it on all the time...it's great. I also check "Show Indent Guides"
under Editor -> Indentation.

Joshua Kugler
Part-Time System Admin/Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com