[wingide-users] text size with new X11 2.3.2 on MacOS

Luc Bourhis luc_j_bourhis at mac.com
Tue Nov 18 14:28:32 MST 2008

Hello there,

the latest release of the X11 system for MacOS, 2.3.2 rc1, sets the
default resolution to 96 dpi. As a result, the text in WingIDE becomes
far too big. I have been using Luxi Mono 11 pt for the Python code and
the actual text size on the screen corresponded roughly to 11 pt in
native applications. However with that new version of X11, I need to
use 8 pt to get the same actual size on the screen. I am sure this is
a dpi problem because if I start the XServer with -dpi 72, text size
gets back to what it used to be.

Is there anything Wing-specific which could explain that bad
behaviour? Has anybody any suggestions as to what to do?

Luc Bourhis