[wingide-users] Wing cant import the amara module while ipython can

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Nov 13 09:25:20 MST 2008

Michael Bernhard Arp Sørensen wrote:
> This might be a more generic problem. A newly installed python module,
> for handling XML, cannot be importet when testing with pylint.
>
> When I try from the command line, pylint can still not import amara.
>
> Ipython, however, can import amara:
>
> In [1]: import amara
>
> In [2]: amara?
> Type:           module
> Base Class:     <type 'module'>
> String Form:    <module 'amara' from
> '/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Amara-1.2.0.2-py2.5.egg/amara/__init__.py'>
> Namespace:      Interactive
> File:
> /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Amara-1.2.0.2-py2.5.egg/amara/__init__.py
> Docstring:
>     <no docstring>
>

> In [3]:
>
> Is it a "normal" problem for pylint to import modules?
>
> I'm new to pylint and wing.

Pylint does try to find imported modules so it can determine the types of
values as much as possible.  I suspect it may not be able to see into the egg,
although I'm not sure and don't know that much about pylint's internals.

You may be able to make it work by adding the following directory to
your Python Path:

/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Amara-1.2.0.2-py2.5.egg