[wingide-users] Pylint Just Don't Work

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Nov 10 09:15:59 MST 2008

Pete wrote:
> Under Wing 3.1.4 / OS  X 10.5, Pylint just doesn't work for me.  I don't
> get any output in the tool box or messages.  It works just fine when run
> from the commandline.
>
> hotbox:~/.wingide3$ pylint --version
> No config file found, using default configuration
> pylint 0.14.0,
> astng 0.17.3, common 0.36.0
> Python 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Jun 25 2008, 13:06:07)
> [GCC 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5465)]
>
> Is this working for anyone?

I just tried it w/ pylint 0.15.2 and had to change the scripts/pylintpanel.py
file that comes with Wing 3.1.5 so line 337 does not set the args --reports
and --include-ids (in other works just do 'args = []' here).

I don't know why this doesn't work on OS X when I think it does elsewhere.

Note that you can see what command line pylint is being executed with in
the Messages tool, under the Scripts channel.  That was how I figured out
what command line to try manually and then saw there were errors.

Hope that helps.