[wingide-users] Re: Is this a WingIDe related error?

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 14:50:05 MST 2008

On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 18:02, Lennart Regebro <regebro at gmail.com> wrote:
> When trying to use pdb, I get this error om Mac OS X with Python 2.4.
>
>  File "2.4/src/debug/tserver/dbgserver.pyc", line 694, in
> _SysSetTraceReplacement
> RuntimeError: WARNING: sys.settrace(<bound method Pdb.trace_dispatch
> of <pdb.Pdb instance at 0x632cd00>>) called:  This breaks some
> debugger functionality.  Use 'Ignore this exception location' in the
> Exceptions tool and restart debugging to suppress this warning
>
> This sounds like a WingWare error? Is it, and in that case how do I
> get rid of it? I can't set "Ignore this exception location", because
> the error doesn't appear in WingIDE but in the terminal.

Answer: Yes it is WingIDE related. It happens if you have a
pdb.set_trace() during Zope startup, and the server is started.
Possibly the server has to be started, but not connected, as those
pesky IDEConnectionTimeOuts are back now, on my new computer. :-/

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64