[wingide-users] wing IDE and matplotlib Interactive mode support

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Nov 4 08:46:04 MST 2008

>     I've been trying to use the interactive mode of matplotlib with
> Wing IDE without any luck. I was wondering if anyone had any
> suggestions of how to get this combination to work correctly.
> At this point, i would have expected to see a simple graph with a line
> on the screen which i can interact with. The graph appears, but it's
> frozen .. None of the buttons seem to work.

A way to work with matplotlib right now is to write a short script to
set up your graph and then run it in the debugger.  The debugger can be
paused so that values set via the debug probe; the graph windows will be
responsive again when continue is used to unpause the debugger.

We plan to improve interactive matplotlib usage in the future.