[wingide-users] Testing Tools: Exceptions in test cases

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Sun Nov 2 06:51:01 MST 2008

Hello guys,

When I have a test failure, typically double clicking on the error in
the testing pane will take me to the failing test - very useful behaviour.

My tests (unittest based) inherit from a custom TestCase class. This
defines a lot of convenience assert methods. If the failure is raised by
one of these assert methods then double clicking on the failure in the
testing tool takes me to the error line in my TestCase class rather than
the failing test. I then have to hunt through the stacktrace to find the
right place to click that will take me to the failing test line.

All the best,

Michael

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/