[wingide-users] Tab disappearing

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri May 30 07:38:14 MDT 2008

Leonardo Vilela Pinheiro wrote:
> When I was using version 3.0.4 the problem with tab disappearing was
> corrected (I think), but now with 3.1.1 it came back.
>
> The tabs I'm talking about are the open files. They keep closing when I
> change to another tab - I don't know how to reproduce, but it happens
> all the time.
>
> Do you know what I'm talking about?

This is a feature where Wing will open files as "transient" if they are
opened from search, browsing, goto-definition, or during debugging.  It
is designed to prevent ending up with potentially 100's of incidental
files open.  Files are converted to non-transient if edited, or if opened
explicitly from project or file browser.

As Jason Harper pointed out, you can partially disable it with the Editor /
Advanced / Set Transient Threshold preference.  Files will then still
be marked transient and won't reopen after closing/re-opening the project,
but also won't close automatically unless there's a very large number (as
specified) of them.