[wingide-users] is there any pi-files for pyqt4?

lotrpy lotrpy at gmail.com
Thu May 29 18:34:09 MDT 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 10:15 PM, Wingware Support <support at wingware.com> wrote:
> lotrpy wrote:
>>
>> can't search satisfactory result from google. may it be translated
>> from PyQt's document
>> (http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/static/Docs/PyQt4/html/modules.html
>> or a local copy after installation).
>> after a negligible try, don't how to handle these types such as "enum"
>> except 'class' and 'method/function'.
>
> PyQt4 code completion should work if the necessary Python Path is set up
> in  your Project Properties in Wing.  It may be that some things will be
> missing because I believe it relies on introspecting the extension modules
> and that does not e.g. have access to argument names and probably not
> enums.
>
> You may already have done everything needed, but the following may be
> useful if you haven't already seen it:
>
> https://wingware.com/doc/howtos/pyqt
>
> It should be possible to write something similar to the pygtk_to_pi.py
> script that comes with Wing 3.1.1+ in src/wingutils/pygtk_to_pi.py, by
> parsing whatever interface descriptions PyQt provides to generate
> more complete *.pi files.  If you try that, please don't hesitate to
> ask any questions you may have.
>
> --
>
> Stephan Deibel
> Wingware | Python IDE
> Advancing Software Development
>
> www.wingware.com

> Wing IDE users list
> http://wingware.com/lists/wingide

Thanks for the detailed reply. it helped. I am afraid that I haven't
enough time to play with it further. I have read howtos-pyqt
page(http://wingware.com/doc/howtos/pyqt) before, I find one  link or
description maybe some outdated last night.
for example, the statement "It is also available for free for
non-commercial users on Windows and for open source developers on
Linux/Unix. " now, It has a GPL version of PyQt for Windows/*nix/Mac.
and,  both the url of "PyQt download page" and "Riverbank PyQt
download area" should be pointed to
http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/software/pyqt/download .
the line "Open PyQt/Examples/widgets.py into Wing IDE", now PyQt has a
Examples/widgets directory ......
FYI.