[wingide-users] Debugging under mod-Python

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu May 29 11:30:42 MDT 2008

Tom Stambaugh wrote:
> I want to startup the mod_python server, set a breakpoint in a request
> handler method, click on a Google map icon, and I then want execution in
> the python method invoked by the request to pause at the breakpoint so
> that I can look at the current context.
>
> What must I do to get this behavior under mod_python?

Did you set things up as described in the mod_python how-to?

http://wingware.com/doc/howtos/mod_python

You may be missing the call to StartDebug() which is required in mod_python.
I'm forgetting the details but it has something to do with the way in which
mod_python sets up the Python environment for each invocation -- I think the
tracer doesn't get set again for each invocation and we can't "reach up" the
stack into mod_python internals to make it happen any other way.

If that doesn't help, please let me know.