[wingide-users] Switching between different project property settings

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu May 29 08:19:30 MDT 2008

Luc Bourhis wrote:
> it would be great if Wing had a drop menu in its toolbar to quickly
> switch between different Project Settings. In my particular example, I
> have to switch many times a day between different custom python
> executables and I am getting tired of editing the corresponding field in
> the Project Properties dialogue.
>
> At the moment the only solution is to create one Wing project file per
> version of my project but then I keep having to duplicate the changes I
> make to File properties from one project to the other.

I tend to create multiple projects and switch by clicking on the project
name in the Project view, but it sounds like that's not working for you
because you also frequently alter the file properties.  Is that correct?

We do want to add some sort of way of defining "configurations" that can
be saved and used.  I'm trying to understand your use case better since
there are multiple ways to solve this, and multiple issues to address
(such as also sharing some project or even file properties across all
projects, being able to override preferences within a project, and so
forth).